Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Policies
Document Retention and Destruction Policy
- All documents containing personal data about employees and subcontractors will be kept on file in the office and electronically on a hard drive.
- At no time will any employee provide this information to any individual outside of the staff.
- Any material discarded with this information must be shredded before disposal.
- Any individual aware of any illegal activity or wrongdoing by the part of a CWPA member or staff member is required to bring the information to the appropriate supervisor. At no time will sharing this information be the cause of any recrimination towards the individual.
Conflict of Interest Policy
- No employee or Board of Director may engage in any activity of the organization without first disclosing any areas in which the purpose of the organization and the individual’s personal circumstances might be in conflict.
- No employee or Board Member may engage in any transaction on behalf of the organization and receive a benefit unless the organization is completely aware of the arrangement of the benefit received.
- No employee or Board Member may engage in any activity of the organization for the benefit of a relative or friend for the purpose of providing goods or services for the organization unless that relationship is fully disclosed.