Collegiate Club Jobs
Gettysburg College Seeks Head Water Polo Club Coach (August 29, 2012)
Gettysburg College in Gettysburg, Pa. is seeking a part-time head water polo coach. Position will work during the spring and fall semesters.
A Bachelor's Degree is highly preferred. Must be CPR/ First Aid certified and have experience playing or coaching the sport.
Applicants can apply online at: https://gettysburg.peopleadmin.com/postings/426
All application materials must be received by September 7, 2012 and applicants should refer to posting number 20100119A.
Gettysburg College assures equal employment opportunity and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, and disability. Gettysburg College is committed to creating a more diverse community; as part of that process, the College encourages candidates from historically underrepresented groups to apply.
Emmanuel College Seeks Head Water Polo Coach/Aquatic Center Event Coordinator (January 18, 2013)
Emmanuel College is seeking candidates for the position of Head Men’s and Women’s Water Polo Coach/Aquatic Center Event Coordinator. This position will be responsible for starting the institution’s intercollegiate varsity Men’s and Women’s Water Polo programs in 2013-14. The Head Men’s and Women’s Water Polo Coach/Aquatic Center Event Coordinator will be responsible for the recruitment, retention and academic success of student-athletes. In addition to coaching, this position is in charge of the event management of the Roberson Aquatic Center. For a complete job description go to: http://www.ec.edu/about-ec/current-staff-openings
Emmanuel College is clearly a Christ-centered college holding to evangelical values and beliefs. For more information on the college, CLICK HERE.
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year institution with a master’s preferred. The successful candidate must have a clear understanding of and be committed to the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA)/Collegiate Water Polo Association (CWPA) philosophy and the role of athletics within a private, Christian college. The candidate should have successful coaching and aquatic management experience. Previous coaching, recruiting, aquatic management and supervision experience is required. The candidate must be able to work, communicate and develop a rapport with students, parents, alumni, faculty, departmental staff, administration and the general public.
Filing an application: Please forward the following directly to the contact person listed below.
- Letter of application/Cover Letter
- Complete Resume, including 3 references
- Unofficial Transcripts: from all Graduate Schools attended, if applicable (not-required)
- Pastoral Letter of Recommendation: Needs to be from a current pastor and to include a verification of current church membership, a description of the applicant’s activity in the local congregation and an evaluation of the quality of the candidates’ personal commitment to Christ.
- Statement of Faith/Personal Testimony: An explanation of the applicant's relationship with God through the Lord Jesus Christ, including a brief account of accepting Christ as personal savior, church membership and current church involvements.
Applications will not be considered until all requested documents have been received.
Director of Human Resources
P.O. Box 129
Franklin Springs, Georgia 30639
Head Men’s and Women’s Water Polo Coach/Aquatic Center Event Coordinator
The Head Men’s and Women’s Water Polo Coach/Aquatic Center Event Coordinator will be responsible for the recruitment, retention and academic success of student-athletes. In addition to coaching, this position is in charge of the event management of the Roberson Aquatic Center.
Essential Job Functions
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent oral communication skills+
- Efficiency in computer applications (Microsoft Office, Excel, etc.)
- Ability to read, understand, and apply instructions
- Hear and understand telephone conversations
- Ability to coordinate different tasks simultaneously
- Move about the campus freely (including all facilities)
1. Plan, organize, and coordinate leadership of Men’s and Women’s Water Polo programs.
2. Recruit players for the athletic teams who will represent the mission of Emmanuel College.
3. Schedule games and ensure that games do not conflict with the academic schedule, examination schedule, and regularly scheduled chapel and convocation services.
4. Plan transportation, lodging and meals for away contests.
5. Provide at least two service projects per academic year to reach out to the community in servant leadership.
6. Attend all departmental meetings.
7. Be familiar with and adhere to departmental policies and procedures.
8. Participate in the college and departmental planning process by assisting in the formulation of goals, objectives, and outcomes and establish budget priorities.
9. When applicable, participate in college activities, which include orientation and registration.
10. Develop and maintain a work schedule (office hours) conducive to the availability of student-athletes.
11. Prepares and maintains budget for program.
12. Assist in fund raising in support of the program.
13. Communicates the needs and maintenance of facilities and equipment to the Athletic Director or the Director of Campus Operations.
14. Recommend to the Athletic Director and Vice President for Finance athletic scholarship awards.
15. Shall see that all scholarships allocated to players have been approved by the Athletic Director, President and/or Vice President for Finance, and Financial Aid Committee.
16. Provide information regarding team roster eligibility, etc. to the Athletic Director.
17. Ensure that NAIA/CWPA rules are upheld.
18. Organizes and conducts practice sessions.
19. Responsible for the marketing and promotion of the Aquatic center to the community and surrounding area.
20. Responsible for the scheduling of tournaments, lessons, and outside use of the Aquatic Center.
21. Ordering of event supplies for the Aquatic Center.
22. Preparing annual event budget for the Aquatic Center.
23. Teach one academic course per year.
24. Perform other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Finance and/or Athletic Director
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year institution with a master’s preferred. The successful candidate must have a clear understanding of and be committed to the NAIA/CWPA philosophy and the role of athletics within a private, Christian college. The candidate should have successful coaching and aquatic management experience. Previous coaching, recruiting, aquatic management and supervision experience is required. The candidate must be able to work, communicate and develop a rapport with students, parents, alumni, faculty, departmental staff, administration and the general public.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. Advanced knowledge of building operations and support
2. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
3. Knowledge of supervisory practices and principles
4. Knowledge of sporting specifications and standards for facility and field preparation
5. Skill in following both verbal and written instructions
6. Ability to deal with a wide range of college students and personnel, as well as community facility users and others outside the college
Compensation and Benefits
The Head Men’s and Women’s Water Polo Coach/Aquatic Center Event Coordinator is paid on a salary basis at the rate established by Emmanuel College and is adjusted from time to time. The policies concerning compensation and benefits are as explained in detail in the Employee Handbook.
Neither this job description nor the Emmanuel College Employee Handbook should be considered employment contracts. It is understood that Emmanuel College does not agree to provide you employment for any definite length of time, and you do not agree to be employed for any definite length of time. The policies contained herein may be changed by Emmanuel College without notice at any time.
Starting Salary Range: $30,000.00 to $35,000.00
Excellent Employee Benefit Package
West Chester University Seeks Head Men's Club Water Polo Coach (February 18, 2013)
The West Chester University Men’s Water Polo Club is looking for a volunteer head coach. The position will work in the fall and occasionally in the spring. There would be two or three practices per week in the fall, at night, most likely from 8:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
The season will consist of three tournaments in the fall which the coach has to attend and are only about an hour to two hours away, dates will come out later in the year following the Collegiate Water Polo Association (CWPA) Mid-Atlantic Division conference call.
It is preferred that the candidate has either coached water polo or played water polo at least at a high school level.
Necessary forms must be filled out and the position must go through an interview process with some administration.
To receive necessary forms or ask questions please contact Alex Bowers via email, email@example.com or cell phone 484-818-0143.