Greenwich Water Polo & Chelsea Piers Seeks Head Coach & Club Administrator
GREENWICH, Conn. -- Greenwich Water Polo (GWP) and Chelsea Piers Connecticut (CPCT) are seeking a full time head coach, club administrator, and program coordinator. Significant prior coaching experience at age group, scholastic or collegiate level is required. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who is well connected in the water polo community. The job will require work on behalf of both GWP and CPCT.
Greenwich Water Polo is an established age group program founded in 1996 in Greenwich, CT. GWP runs House Leagues as well as boys and girls travel teams in all age groups. After 16 successful seasons without a home pool, GWP is moving its entire program to the new Chelsea Piers in Stamford, CT (CPCT), opening July 2012. The 400,000 Sq Ft Chelsea Piers complex includes a state-of-the-art 50 meter, all deep pool and extensive training facilities.
This new facility will allow for further growth and development of the existing program. See the Chelsea Piers (http://www.chelseapiersct.com) and the GWP (http://www.greenwichwaterpolo.com/) websites for more information.
Responsibilities in addition to coaching will include:
- Directing all aspects of the GWP club programs including scheduling practices, coaches, and competition
- Developing CPCT camps, clinics and CPCT entry level programming
- Hiring and supervising assistant coaches
- Developing strategic plan for continued growth and opportunities for competition
- Developing a consistent training regimen for beginning age group players through masters.
- Coordinating entry level programming with GWP Club programming.
- Coordinating adult pick-up games, determining interest in possible league play
- Managing internal and external communication with players, parents, board members and CPCT staff.
- Participating in the USAWP Northeast Zone organization and the Olympic Development Program (ODP).
The ideal candidate will have:
- Proven on-deck coaching ability
- Excellent communication skills
- Superior organizational skills
This position offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package.
Interested candidates should submit resume to Terry Lowe, GWP Club President, at email@example.com.