BRIDGEPORT, Pa. — Due to a potential player safety concern in the final games on the evening of Saturday, October 19, due to the number of games needed to be played and a later finish, the Collegiate Water Polo Association (CWPA) releases a revised schedule for the Men’s Collegiate Club Texas Division Championship on Saturday-Sunday, October 19-20, at Rice University in Houston, Texas.
To compensate, the league elected to adjust the games on Saturday, October 19, to a one-hour schedule in order to start the final game by 5:45 p.m. Further, to ensure games stay on the hour schedule, the following playing rules will be use on Saturday, October 19, only:
- Games will run on the hour starting at 8:45 a.m.
- Seven-Minute Quarters with Two-Minute Quarter Breaks and a Three-Minute Halftime
- Teams will be allowed 1 Full Timeout per half and one 30 Second Timeout per game
- Timeouts DO NOT carry over into the second half if not used in the first half
- Overtime will be one Three-Minute Period
- If the game is still tied after the first Three-Minute Period then the game moves into Sudden Victory
Additionally, if the schedule begins to fall behind, the officials are authorized to implement a running clock in the second half of action if a team is winning by more than six goals at any time during the third or fourth quarters.
Games played on Sunday, October 20 will follow normal game protocol with teams receiving a full complement of timeouts.