WASHINGTON, D.C. — The George Washington University Department of Athletics and Recreation, an NCAA Division I member of the Atlantic 10 Conference, actively engages our students, our campus community, our alumni and our fans through the spirit of healthy living and competition. Located in the heart of our nation’s capital, this world-class university aspires to have a world-class athletics and recreation program. We are committed to building and sustaining a program that mirrors the overall excellence of the university, by providing students an unparalleled opportunity for achievement and engaging the larger community as we grow and cultivate the next generation of leaders.
Reporting to the Head Coach, the Assistant Coach will support the Men’s and Women’s Water Polo program by performing the following duties.
- Assists in identifying and recruiting academically and athletically talented student-athletes for the men’s and women’s water polo program
- Assists in scouting and video preparation to prepare team for competition
- Assists in team coaching and individual player development
- Assists in the coordination of team and individual travel for the purpose of team competition and player recruitment
- Assists in the match and event management
- Assists in monitoring academic, social, and personal development of men’s and women’s water polo student-athletes
- Maintains knowledge and remain current regarding all appropriate NCAA, Collegiate Water Polo Association, Department of Athletics and Recreation, and University compliance issues, policies, and procedures.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships and communications with students, colleagues, faculty, staff, alumni, parents, and general public
The position is based at GW’s Foggy Bottom Campus in Washington, DC but will require significant domestic travel for games and events. The incumbent may perform other related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
To Apply, CLICK HERE.
Qualified candidates will hold a Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization plus 1 year of relevant professional experience. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Coaching or playing experience at highly competitive level
- Strong organizational, management, communications, and computer skills with attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast paced environment
Typical Hiring Range
Commensurate with Experience (How is pay for new employees determined at GW?)
Campus Location: Foggy Bottom, Washington, D.C.
College/School/Department: Athletics and Recreation
Stream: Individual Contributor
Level: Level 1
Hours Per Week: 40+
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday; 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM and nights and weekends as necessary
Essential: Employees who perform functions that have been deemed essential to maintaining business or academic operations. Employees are generally expected to work from home during an event and may be asked to physically report to work.
Required Background Check
Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search
Special Instructions to Applicants
Employer will not sponsor for employment Visa status
Internal Applicants Only? No
Posting Number: S008517
Job Open Date: 08/14/2019
Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire.
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.