BRIDGEPORT, Pa. — Indiana University, located in Bloomington, Indiana, seeks a men’s collegiate club water polo coach.
To apply, email Trip Truman at email@example.com.
Official Season: approximately August 30th – October 30th (dependent upon the TBD date of the Big Ten Division Championships)
Practice: 8-10:00 p.m. Monday – Thursday at the Counsilman-Billingsley Aquatics Center, Student Recreational Sports Center (1601 E Law Ln, Bloomington, IN 47408)
Travel: Three tournaments throughout the official season (one may be hosted at Indiana University)
All travel and lodging paid for by team
Meetings with the Executive Board: The head coach will be required to meet with the Executive Board to discuss matters including, but not limited to:
● Season planning
● Team goals
The ideal candidate for this position will possess:
● A strong commitment to the Student-Athlete concept and a working knowledge of national affiliation rules and regulations is required.
● Water polo coaching experience including effective leadership, communication, coaching and recruiting skills is preferred.
● Ability to work independently without direct supervision.
● Strong service-oriented skills and the ability to have an exceptional customer service attitude at all times.
● Ability to work and relate well with the public, students, faculty and staff.
● Demonstrated ability to work accurately and effectively with computerized data systems.
● Demonstrated ability to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and promote a positive working environment, spirit of cooperation and positive reactions to change and conflict resolution.
● Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, both written and oral which transcend diverse audiences.
● Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and relate well to students, parents, faculty, staff and others while maintaining appropriate confidentiality.
● Demonstrated motivational and problem solving capabilities with a high degree of integrity, ethics and dedication to the mission of the University.
● Ability to perform under stressful situations. Must be able to travel (schedule could include day, evening and/or weekend availability).