BRIDGEPORT, Pa. — The Collegiate Water Polo Association (CWPA) releases ticket and streaming information for the inaugural/2019 Women’s Division III Collegiate Club Championship at Villanova University’s Pavilion Aquatic Center in Villanova, Pa., on Saturday-Sunday, April 27-28.
Featuring exclusively Division III member institutions from among the CWPA’s 15 divisions, the tournament will crown the inaugural women’s Division III Club Champion.
The event will be hosted in the Pavilion Swim Center, approximately 25 minutes from Philadelphia International Airport and the City of Brotherly Love. Teams attending the championship will have a multitude of hotel possibilities as Villanova is located within minutes of King of Prussia – home of the largest shopping mall in the country and close to Valley Forge National Historical Park. While a hotel block is not being offered, teams/parents/fans can contact the league office for suggestions.
The site was determined as the Southeast and North Atlantic Divisions were unable to host. To prevent the championship from being initiated in the 2020 season, the league office elected to serve as host institution. Overall, Villanova – a non-Division III institution – hosting the event is not unique as the school also served as host of the 2008 Men’s Division III Collegiate Club Championship.
The fourth club championship joining the Men’s Division III, Men’s National Collegiate Club and Women’s National Collegiate Club Championships, the Division III Women’s Club Championship field is comprised of:
- Heartland Division (Carleton College, Grinnell College)
- Mid-Atlantic Division (Carnegie Mellon University)
- Midwest Division (Washington University in St. Louis)
- New York Division (New York University)
- North Atlantic Division (Middlebury College)
- Fans attending the CWPA Division III Championship can pay for either a two-day tournament pass ($15) or a one-day pass ($10). Senior citizens 65 and older, will be admitted at discounted prices of $10 (tournament pass) and $5 (one-day pass). All children 12 and under are free of charge. All tickets are exclusively available at the door as there will be no presale in advance of the championship.
- For fans unable to make the trip to Villanova for the championship, the CWPA is offering live-streaming of the weekend on a pay-per-view basis through Stretch Internet. Fans can access the stream by CLICKING HERE. The cost of viewership is $10 per game, or $25 for the weekend tournament package that includes all the contested games. In addition, fans can access the stream until July following the conclusion of the tournament.