BERKELEY, Calif. — The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world’s most iconic teaching and research institutions. Since 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world. Berkeley’s culture of openness, freedom and acceptance academic and artistic, political and cultural make it a very special place for students, faculty and staff.
Berkeley is committed to hiring and developing staff who want to work in a high performing culture that supports the outstanding work of our faculty and students. In deciding whether to apply for a staff position at Berkeley, candidates are strongly encouraged to consider the alignment of the Berkeley Workplace Culture with their potential for success at http://jobs.berkeley.edu/why-berkeley.html.
Application Review Date: The First Review Date for this job is: 3/6/19
Departmental Overview: The Cal Women’s Club Water Polo team is seeking a head coach. We are interested in a coach that is knowledgeable about water polo, committed to our team, and who will encourage us to achieve our team goals and uphold our expectations.
Responsibilities: To lead the Cal Women’s Club Water Polo’s toward reaching the program’s season goals through quality coaching and respect.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize practices that contain swimming and strength conditioning
- Prepare team with game strategies
- Attend all competitions and CWPA tournaments (local weekend tournaments and regional/national tournaments)
- Work cooperatively with the student board members about team events and decisions
- Effectively coach two sub-teams with various skill levels, one focusing more on learning the game and one focusing more on being competitive within CWPA Sierra Pacific League
- Played water polo at either club or collegiate level
- Coaching experience with high school, club, CWPA, or USA water polo team and can provide past coaching experience and record
- Strong understanding of human behavior and interpersonal skills
- Reliable & accessible via email, text, or phone call
- Maintain a professional demeanor and presence on and off the pool deck
- Ability to establish appropriate and effective relationships with players
- Current American Red Cross First Aid & CPR certification or the ability to obtain within 6 weeks of employment
Salary & Benefits: $5,500 paid through duration of contract plus travel accommodations and reimbursement for away games
How to Apply: Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
Fall Semester: 4 hours of practice during the week plus weekend tournaments
Spring Semester: 6 hours of practice during the week plus weekend tournaments
Conviction History Background: This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Mandated Reporter: This position has been identified as a Mandated Reporter required to report the observed or suspected abuse or neglect of children, dependent adults, or elders to designated law enforcement or social service agencies. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon completion of signed statements acknowledging the responsibilities of a Mandated Reporter.
Equal Employment Opportunity: The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see: http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, CLICK HERE