Non-Collegiate Employment Opportunities
Cumberland Valley High School Seeks Head Girl’s Water Polo Coach
Cumberland Valley High School, located in Mechanicsburg, Pa., seeks a head coach for the women’s high school team. Please contact Mike Craig at MCraig@cvschools.org for more information.
Perkiomen Valley School District Seeks Head & Assistant Boys’ Water Polo Coaches; Girls Assistant Water Polo Coach (July 4, 2021)
Perkiomen Valley School District, located in Collegeville, Pa., seeks head and assistant boys’ and assistant girls’ water polo coaches. The successful candidates will articulate a vision for a successful water polo program that aligns with the core principles of the Perkiomen Valley School District. Further, it is expected the head coach will lead the program in all phases including practice planning, conditioning, strategy and tactics, directing the staff, scheduling, and budget oversight. Finally, the coaches embraces the responsibility of being a positive role model/mentor for students and as representatives of Perkiomen Valley High School.
Start date: August 16, 2021
End date: November 6, 2021
Rose Bowl Aquatics Center (Calif.) Seeks Head Water Polo Coach (June 11, 2021)
Reporting to the President and Executive Director, the Head Water Polo Coach is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the RBAC’s year-around water polo program, including providing high quality coaching. The Head Coach will work closely with the RBAC’s Chief Operating Officer to coordinate facility needs and Associate Executive Director of Development and Grants to maximize philanthropy opportunities.
This position may provide direct supervision to salaried staff and hourly employees, and will oversee the management of the department budget.
The Rose Bowl Aquatics Center located in Pasadena’s beautiful Brookside Park, just south of the famous Rose Bowl Stadium. The organization offers its employees a spirited company culture, the fulfillment of knowing that our center is giving back to the community, and free & discounted programs. The Rose Bowl Aquatics Center is a 501(c)(3) non-profit and world-class aquatics facility that offers year round aquatic and fitness programming to children, youth, families and seniors, so that we can ensure that all generations can achieve the benefits of healthy living habits, regular exercise, and sports training.
The organization’s mission is, “To help everyone achieve their personal best by providing the finest aquatic educational, competitive, therapeutic and recreational programs.”
- Develop and prepare practice and competition schedule for all age-group teams and associated budget request;
- Monitor budget to ensure program is fiscally responsible and revenue and expenditures are within allocated budget;
- Plan and coordinate practice sessions, home competitions and tournaments; including bids, and facility requests for appropriate space and times;
- Provide ongoing communication to athletes and parents, as appropriate, regarding competitions, tournaments and schedule changes;
- Recruit, hire, and evaluate coaching and support staff;
Support and contribute to all marketing planning, activities, and program website;
- Lead program in accordance with all applicable rules, regulations and policies in which teams and athletes participate and compete;
- Maintain, inventory, and ensure proper storage of all equipment, and make recommendations for program needs;
- Participate in fund raising activities for the program and RBAC; and
Cultivate and maintain effective relationships with athletes, boosters, parents, and other RBAC staff members.
- Perform other related duties as assigned; and
- Pursue ongoing personal professional development and awareness opportunities in each of the above responsibility areas to ensure the RBAC is a top performing Aquatics environment.
Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience preferred.
Minimum of five years of progressively responsible coaching experience in an age-group water polo coaching program, organization, or club.
Knowledge, Abilities and/or Skills:
- Demonstrate understanding and commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion;
- Create and implement ideas to develop and promote efficient team operations;
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with boosters, national governing bodies, private and public agencies;
- Clearly express ideas and directions verbally and in writing;
- Analyze complex situations accurately and adopt effective courses of action;
- Multi-task with the ability to prioritize multiple projects, and the ability to adjust in a fast-pace environment;
- Budget development and monitoring;
- Interpret and evaluate descriptions and explanations of problems brought forth by coaches, parents and athletes, analyze and define problems, draw value conclusions, and project the consequences of various courses of action; and
- Ability to develop and conduct camps and training programs.
Work is generally performed outdoors involving potentially inclement weather conditions. Position requires regular contact with the public, athletes and parents. Must be able to work under pressure, exercise sound judgment, and adhere to deadlines. Some work is performed in a temperature-controlled office environment.
- Lifting, carrying, pushing, or pulling light objects;
- Sitting or standing for extended periods of time;
- Seeing to review and/or input information;
- Hearing and speaking to exchange information in person and on the telephone;
- Bending at the waist, kneeling, or crouching; and
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard.
This position may supervise full time salaried and hourly positions as well as part-time employees.
This classification is exempt from FLSA requirements.
Full-Time; 12 months
Anticipated Salary Range (Annually):
- Commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Additional compensation opportunities through seasonal camps and clinics as approved
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401k with employer match
- Employee discount at Pro Shop
- Paid sick and vacation time
- Life insurance and LTD insurance
To apply, CLICK HERE.
Trinity School (N.Y.) Seeks Assistant Water Polo Coach (May 15, 2021)
Trinity School, a co-educational, K-12 institution located on the Upper West Side of Manhattan, seeks a part-time Assistant Varsity Water Polo Coach beginning August 2021. Specific qualifications include significant water polo coaching experience and availability from 2:30 – 6:30 PM on weekdays. Matches sometimes extend past 6:30 PM, and there are occasional Saturday commitments. This part-time coaching position has a stipend and begins in late August and ends in early November. Qualified candidates will also possess intellectual curiosity, strong communication skills, commitment to ongoing professional development, openness to others’ ideas, eagerness to extend themselves for others, and a sense of humor. An Equal Opportunity Employer, Trinity School seeks candidates who will add to the diversity of its school community. More than this, Trinity is expressly committed to becoming an anti-racist institution and is calling on all members of its community to join in this important work.
To apply, CLICK HERE.
Upper Perkiomen (Pa.) Seeks Assistant Water Polo Coach (May 13, 2021)
Upper Perkiomen School District, located in Pennsburg, Pa., seeks an assistant water polo coach.
• Prior knowledge of water polo rules and regulations
• Demonstrate ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with others as part of a team
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Prepares players both physically and mentally for competition, practice, teaching of fundamental skills, and knowledge of rules
• Organization and development of the water polo program as needed
• Ability to conduct practices and attend games during weekday evenings and on Saturdays
• Ability to communicate effectively with players, faculty, administration, parents and other coaches
• Monitor the safety and well-being of all participants while at practice and at games, in locker rooms, and during transportation • Submit required paperwork to athletic office in time frame specified by athletic director
PREEMPLOYMENT PAPERWORK REQUIREMENTS:
• PA State Police Clearance (Act 34)
• Child Abuse Clearance (Act 151)
• FBI Fingerprint Clearance (Act 114)
• School Personnel Health Form (Physical and TB test)
• PDE 6004 Form (Act 24)
• Sexual Misconduct/Abuse Disclosure Release Form(s) (Act 168)
To apply, CLICK HERE.
The Pingry School (N.J.) Seeks Head Water Polo Coach (May 6, 2021)
The Pingry School, located in Basking Ridge, N.J. (Somerset County) seeks to hire a head water polo coach for the Fall season. This coach will mentor and motivate student-athletes in their water polo while emphasizing their holistic growth. In accordance with Pingry’s Honor Code, we expect coaches to promote qualities such as teamwork, resilience, hard work, and honorable behavior.
• Previous participation in water polo at the high school level (college preferred).
• Previous coaching experience in a school setting preferred.
• Availability to travel to and from athletics practices and contests, which may occur on weekends.
Practices run from mid-August to early November, 3:30-5:20 p.m. daily, with some weekend tournaments. Games are during the week starting at 4:00 p.m.
Interested candidates should contact Director of Athletics, Carter Abbott at firstname.lastname@example.org
Garces Memorial High School (Calif.) Seeks Head Water Polo Coach (May 6, 2021)
Garces Memorial High School is a Catholic high school located in Bakersfield, California, with a storied and successful athletics history. We believe athletics and extra-curricular activities are an integral part in the development of young minds and academic success combined with school related sports enables our students to grow and mature into college ready young adults. Our campus has excellent athletic facilities, including the beautiful Salvucci Aquatic Center.
First and foremost, we are looking for a head water polo coach. The ability to maintain and schedule the aquatics center as a Director of Aquatics, and/or maintain and schedule the campus physical plant upkeep as a Director of Facilities are opportunities for full-time employment associated with this coaching position. Full-time employment offers excellent health benefits and retirement opportunities. The pay is determined by experience and is relative to industry standards.
Head coaching experience is a must for the coaching position, as is experience in directing facilities for aquatics and/or physical plant for full-time employment.
Head Water Polo Coach responsibilities include organizing and maintaining both boys’ and girls’ teams, scheduling contests, officials, event help and travel coordination. Other duties include summer camps, budgeting, and communication with water polo families.
Aquatics Director responsibilities include maintaining the pool and pool related plant, overseeing rental of the facilities, and preparing the facilities for different events.
Facilities Director responsibilities include maintaining the campus’ physical plant by scheduling in-house or off-campus contractors to repair or ready buildings/athletic fields for events. Budgeting monies for recurring upgrades, calendaring projects and event set-up are among other duties for this position.
Garces Memorial High School is a pillar of faith and the standard for excellence in Bakersfield. The staff and administration pride themselves on working together towards a common goal. Joining this team is a great opportunity for employment that you enjoy with people you enjoy working with.
How to Apply
- Application for Employment
- Cover Letter & Resume addressed to Ms. Myka Peck, Principal
Position Open Until Filled
Please direct all questions to Ms. Myka Peck or call 661-327-2578.