How to Become a CWPA Referee
REQUIREMENTS FOR BECOMING A CWPA OFFICIAL
- Fill out the Referee Registration Form.
- Take the NCAA Water Polo Test and pass with a score of 90% or higher.
- Review the CWPA Dartfish.tv website, free registration (public information). Go to Collections and review (Area-2M Situations, Area-Perimeter Situations, Area-Pick Situations, Area-Exclusion Fouls vs. Penalty Fouls, Video Test CWPA-2014): https://www.dartfish.tv/ChannelHome.aspx?CR=p7695
- Send water polo officiating experience resume with references to Ed Reed, CWPA Coordinator of Officials firstname.lastname@example.org. If no experience send water polo playing/coaching experience, be sure to include dates.
- File a CWPA Varsity/Club Availability Form: Will be posted once hosts are determined for that season.
- If you are a beginning referee your first assignments will be at the club level with a senior CWPA official for evaluation/education. If you are an experienced referee you will be evaluated on your first assignment by a senior referee to determine your level of ability for future assignments.
- You are required to have a whistle and all-white attire.
HOW TO GET STARTED
NCAA 2017 Water Polo Test via the Quia website:
NCAA 2017 Water Polo Test via NCAA Water Polo Officiating ADVANTAGE website:
Quia website is free, primarily for those officials that are new to CWPA or those that are working only club games. Be sure to copy your final test results and send to Ed Reed, CWPA Coordinator of Official. You can join the NCAA Water Polo Officiating ADVANTAGE for $30 which gives you access to the videos, news and announcements but not the NCAA Water Polo Test. Amber Drury, NCAA Coordinator of Officials, maintains this website and uses it to disseminate rule changes, interpretations, points of emphasis and information from the National Evaluator Group (NEG). CWPA does not reimburse this fee because it is optional.
ADVANTAGE website cost $65 to join and take the NCAA Water Polo Test plus it gives you access to the videos, news and announcements. Amber Drury, NCAA Coordinator of Officials maintains this website and uses it to disseminate rule changes, interpretations, points of emphasis and information from the National Evaluator Group (NEG). CWPA prepays the registration fee for varsity referees at just before the start of the fall season. There is a special link for CWPA referees to register which is not available on the website. This prepay registration is only for officials that are scheduled for varsity games.