COLLEGE SPORTS INFORMATION DIRECTORS (COSIDA) ACADEMIC ALL-AMERICA TEAM ARCHIVE
The only Academic All-America team in the country, the College Sports Information Directors of America (CoSIDA) Academic All-America Team was founded by longtime Southern Methodist Sports Information Director Lester Jordan.
Today it honors the best and brightest student-athletes in the University (Division I, Division I-AA) and College (Division II, III, NAIA, Community College) Divisions based on their academic and athletic performance.
- To be nominated, a student-athlete must be a starter or important reserve with at least a 3.30 cumulative grade point average (on a 4.0 scale) at his/her current institution.
- Nominated athletes must have participated in at least 50 percent of the team’s games at the position listed on the nomination form (where applicable). In baseball and softball, pitchers must have at least 10.0 innings pitched. Athletes who have not participated in at least 50 percent of their team’s contests are not eligible.
- No student-athlete is eligible until he/she has completed one full calendar year at his/her current institution and has reached sophomore athletic eligibility.
- In the cases of transfers, graduate students and two-year college graduates, the student-athlete must have completed one full calendar year at the nominating institution to be eligible.
- Nominees in graduate school must have a cumulative GPA of 3.30 or better both as an undergrad and in grad school.
- Water polo recipients are selected on CoSIDA’s At-Large Team and compete with athletes from the following sports: Women’s Bowling – Women’s Crew – Men’s and Women’s Fencing – Women’s Field Hockey – Men’s and Women’s Golf – Men’s and Women’s Gymnastics – Men’s and Women’s Ice Hockey – Men’s and Women’s Lacrosse – Men’s and Women’s Rifle – Men’s and Women’s Skiing – Men’s and Women’s Swimming – Men’s and Women’s Tennis – Men’s Volleyball – Men’s and Women’s Water Polo – Men’s Wrestling