College Varsity Employment Opportunities
Indiana University Seeks Assistant Women’s Water Polo Coach (May 12, 2022)
- Complies fully with all NCAA, Big Ten (or other conference) and Indiana University rules, regulations, policies and procedures. Failure to do so may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment.
- Assists the head coach in the development of a competitively successful team to represent Indiana University positively and responsibly. Provides student athletes the opportunity for a positive experience and climate in which to achieve their academic, athletic, and personal goals.
- Develops instructional plans for individual student athletes and the entire team, ensuring that special needs and issues as identified by the coaching staff are addressed.
- Assists the head coach in providing leadership and instruction in the academic, personal, and athletic development of student athletes by counseling team members in academic, citizenship, sportsmanship, and personal matters, as assigned.
- Organizes and manages assigned recruiting efforts and administrative responsibilities.
- Represents the team, department, and university in a positive, professional and ethical manner; responds appropriately to media, marketing, fund-raising and community service requests, as assigned. Exhibits professionalism in a manner consistent with the missions and goals of Indiana University, the Big Ten Conference, and the NCAA.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1 year of coaching experience
1 year of coaching experience at the Division I level
- Proficient communication skills
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism
- Demonstrates time management and priority setting skills
- Demonstrates a high commitment to quality
- Possesses flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Seeks to acquire knowledge in area of specialty
- Highly thorough and dependable
- Demonstrates a high level of accuracy, even under pressure
This position requires both sedentary work and long durations of movement about the workspace. It requires the ability to move and transport objects and equipment weighing up to 25 pounds. The person in this role must be able to perform the essential tasks with or without an accommodation.
Career Level: Career
Equal Employment Opportunity
Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment based on individual qualifications. Indiana University prohibits discrimination based on age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, disability status or protected veteran status. Indiana University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admission, as required by Title IX. Questions or complaints regarding Title IX may be referred to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights or the university Title IX Coordinator. See Indiana University’s Notice of Non-Discrimination here which includes contact information.
Salem University Seeks Graduate Assistant Women’s Water Polo Coach (May 3, 2022)
Salem University seeks a Graduate Assistant for the Women’s Water Polo team. The Salem women’s team is a member of the Western Water Polo Association (WWPA) and a Division II varsity program.
The position is available to any candidate looking for a Master of Business Administration ; Master of Criminal Justice; Master of Information Technology; Master of Health Sciences; or a Master of Education with playing or coaching experience at the college level.
Candidates must have obtained their bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution. This is a two-year position, in which that time a master’s degree can be obtained. This position is for the 2022-23 and 2023-24 academic years.
Further details of the position including compensation and tuition assistance can be obtained by contacting head coach Justin Kassab by email. Justin.Kassab@salemu.edu
Saint Francis University Seeks Assistant Women’s Water Polo Coach (April 27, 2022)
Search Status: Application material received by May 22, 2022 will receive primary consideration.
Saint Francis University, a member of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Division I competing in the Collegiate Water Polo Association, invites applications for the position of Assistant Coach, Women’s Water Polo.
The Assistant Coach is directly responsible to the Head Coach to assist with the organization and direction of a Division I women’s water polo program.
The candidate must have a commitment to adhering to all rules and regulations of Saint Francis University, the Northeast Conference, Collegiate Water Polo Association and the NCAA. In addition, the candidate must understand and actively support the mission of the Department of Athletics and Saint Francis University.
Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s preferred. Intercollegiate playing and/or coaching experience preferred.
Apply online at http://www.francis.edu/employment then submit a letter of application, resume, and names, addresses, and phone numbers of three references to: email@example.com. Applications are due by May 22, 2022.
Saint Francis University is committed to diversity of students, staff, and faculty; and encourages applications from historically underrepresented individuals, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities. AA/EOE.
Mercyhurst University Seeks Graduate Assistant Water Polo Coach (March 14, 2022)
Mercyhurst University is seeking a Graduate Assistant Water Polo Coach. The graduate assistant position is for a maximum of 2-years and includes full tuition waiver plus paid stipend of $7,500.00 per academic year. Anticipated start date is on or around August 1, 2022.
Responsibilities: Included but not limited to duties assigned by the Head Water Polo Coach: Assist in all aspects of coaching and management, recruiting, scheduling, training, monitoring academic progress, assisting in administrative tasks, fundraising, and coaching team members. Expectation is at least 20 hours of work per week.
Required: The candidate must have bachelor’s degree and accepted into a Mercyhurst graduate degree program (https://www.mercyhurst.edu/admissions-aid/grad). Additionally, candidates should have a great work ethic, be open to learning, confident in current skills, and possess professional communication skills.
Qualified applicants must have the availability to work evenings and weekends. Tasks may involve lifting and moving heavy objects related to the profession.
Preferred: Bachelor’s degree; Experience at the collegiate level, playing or volunteering.
To Apply: E-mail cover letter, resume, three professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Mercyhurst University Contact info: Petar Momcilovic, Head Coach, Men and Women’s Water Polo
Utica College Seeks Assistant Women’s Water Polo Coach (February 9, 2022)
Utica College seeks an assistant women’s water polo coach. Start date is August 1, 2022.
The position assists the head coach with all facets of a varsity sports program including organizing and planning of all practices and game strategies, training and health education of student athletes, monitoring academic progress of student athletes and recruiting of athletes for the program.
Athletic Assistants are expected to take graduate classes and work toward their master’s degree. Athletic Assistant positions are 10 months (August 1-May 31). Athletic assistant’s tenure concludes upon earning a master’s degree or the conclusion of the agreement (3.5 year position).
- Adheres to Utica College Athletic Department philosophy, including knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations. Provides and advises student athletes of obligations and requirements under said philosophy and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Plans and runs daily practices sessions and periodic individual training sessions to ensure players are learning team concepts and safety issues while participating in intercollegiate athletics.
- Monitors players’ academic success, providing direction when necessary, including providing for or arranging necessary academic help services.
- May be required to teach physical education classes each semester as assigned by the Athletic Director.
- Manages equipment usage, orders and maintains uniforms, balls, etc. Scouts opponents, tape exchange, etc. Assists Athletic Director with game scheduling, transportation, and coordinates publication of team media guide. Contributes time and assistance to Booster Club, if appropriate.
- Recruits prospective student athletes giving them an opportunity to compete and to better themselves as athletes and individuals.
- Will be required to attend van training annually.
- May perform other related duties as assigned.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and clean driving record (as defined by College insurance carrier guidelines)
May be required to drive athletes and recruiting.
- May be required to aid in supervising lifeguards
- Bachelor’s degree required / 1-2 years coaching experience /Must have knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations
- Knowledge of Women’s Water Polo and Swimming required.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work with diversified group
- Strong organizations skills
- Must be willing to travel
All positions at Utica College support the College’s mission and values in part by being active members of an inclusive environment. Please describe in your diversity statement how you would see yourself incorporating this into this role.
In line with the College’s Affirmative Action Policy, there is no requirement or expectation that a candidate disclose their identity or membership in any protected class or group, either in the diversity statement or in other application documents submitted to the search committee. For additional information on what to provide in your diversity statement please reference the diversity statement guide at the following link: https://www.utica.edu/hr/media/Diversity_Statement_Guide.pdf.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
Utica College is committed to affirmative action, equal opportunity and the diversity of its workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, sex, pregnancy, ethnic or national origin, religion, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, disability, citizenship status, genetic predisposition, domestic violence victim status, or protected status under applicable local, state, or federal law.
To apply, CLICK HERE.