BRIDGEPORT, Pa — Monmouth College, located in Monmouth, Ill., a member of the Collegiate Water Polo Association (CWPA), Mid-Atlantic Water Polo Conference (MAWPC)-West Region and National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Division III, invites immediate applications for the position of Head Men’s and Women’s Water Polo Coach.
The head coach is responsible for managing all aspects of the men’s and women’s water polo program as well as being committed to the academic mission of the college. Additional duties and/or teaching responsibilities will be assigned on the basis of the skills of the successful candidate. Bachelor’s degree and successful coaching and recruiting experience in the sport of water polo are required for consideration for this position. Master’s degree preferred. This is a full-time 12 month position.
Specific duties may include, but are not necessarily limited to the following:
- Coach water polo teams, coaching and teaching the sport of water polo to student athletes
- Work with water polo players providing daily planning, organization and supervision of practices and competitions
- Evaluate, recruit and retain water polo players to Monmouth College
- Meet recruitment and retention goals set by the College
- Visit for recruitment purposes prospective students and their families following the guidelines of the Collegiate Water Polo Association.
- Provide recruitment and retention reports to the Director of Athletics
- Contribute to the overall program of a residential college
- Depending on qualifications, assistant swim coach, event management and/or teaching duties as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Reports directly to the Athletic Director (AD) and through the AD to the Vice President for Student Life. The Coach also works directly with other members of the Athletic Department and Student Affairs Staff, and has daily contact with students, staff, faculty, and persons outside the campus community. Significant contact with prospective students and their parents as well as high school and community college coaches is expected.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND CERTIFICATION:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s preferred. Effective experience as a water polo coach.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of principles, methods and techniques associated with water polo. Demonstrated ability to plan, implement and evaluate complex tasks and procedures. Excellent organization and supervision skills. Excellent communication skills. Willingness and ability to work effectively with all campus and associated constituencies.
GENERAL EXPECTATIONS OF POSITION:
- Conduct is expected to be professional and courteous. duties and responsibilities are to be carried out in a manner which promotes and is consistent with the intrinsic goals of Monmouth College.
ADDITIONS, AMENDMENTS, AND DELETIONS:
- The whole or any portion of this description may be added to, amended, or deleted at any time by the position supervisor, department head, vice president or the President.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Send letter of application, resume, along with the names of three (3) professional references (including addresses, email addresses, and telephone numbers) to: Michael McNall, Director of Personnel, Monmouth College, 700 East Broadway, Monmouth, IL 61462. E-mail address: email@example.com
Monmouth College, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is committed to diversity and encourages applications from women and minority candidates.