SPRINGFIELD, Ohio — Wittenberg University is recruiting for an assistant coach for women’s water polo. The assistant coach assists the head coach in leading all aspects of an National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Division III women’s water polo program. We are seeking applicants with a demonstrated commitment to the mission and values of Wittenberg University and to Division III athletics. This is a part-time, exempt-level position.
Essential functions include, but are not limited to:
- Assist the Head Coach with practice and game-day preparation and execution.
- Evaluate, recruit, and graduate student-athletes.
- Maintain and ensure student-athlete academic integrity.
- Interact effectively and appropriately with student-athletes, parents, alumni, faculty, peers, community members, and administrators.
- Provide service to the Institution as assigned by the Director of Athletics & Recreation or the Head Coach.
- Adhere to NCAA, conference, departmental, and university policies, procedures, and expectations.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned such as special projects, programs, developmental activities, etc.
For this position, we require that candidates have a bachelor’s degree and 1-3 years of collegiate playing experience. Candidates must possess excellent organizational and communication skills, and be able to effectively and appropriately interact with student-athletes, parents, alumni, faculty, peers, community members, and administrators.
Knowledge in the following areas is preferred: Microsoft Office, athletic video and performance review software (i.e. Hudl, Synergy), social media, recruiting software (Frontrush). A valid driver’s license is required; must meet required insurance qualifications found in Wittenberg Motor Pool policies and procedures. If license is from out of state, successful candidate will need to obtain a valid Ohio driver’s license within 30 days of hire date.
Travel is required as well as some evening, night, and weekend work.
Being authorized to work in the United States is a pre-condition of employment.
To apply, CLICK HERE.