PROVIDENCE, R.I. — Brown University seeks an individual to assist the Head Water Polo Coach in all phases of the Women’s Water Polo program. This includes coaching and teaching, player development, recruiting, and administrative duties such as coordinating training and travel schedules, video analysis and instruction, and completing compliance information. The incumbent also maintains positive relations with alumnae and friends groups. This position supports all efforts to continue to attract the nation’s top women’s water polo players to our Division I non-scholarship program.
All department employees are required to demonstrate exemplary ethical conduct and conformance to National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) rules and regulations; the duties of the position are to be performed in compliance with all NCAA, Ivy League and Eastern College Athletic Conference (ECAC) rules and regulations; and any rules violations on behalf of themselves or any knowledge of violations within the department are to be reported to the appropriate parties. Employees in coaching positions are required to pass the NCAA Coaches Certification Test and maintain current AED/CPR and First Aid certification (certification is available at no cost through the Athletic Department).
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- One to three years coaching experience at the high school or collegiate level; collegiate coaching experience preferred; and/or collegiate playing experience.
- Ability to recruit within NCAA and Ivy League rules.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, oral communication and computer skills.
- Ability to write, draft and edit correspondence.
- Commitment to the student-athlete, passion for the game, and the ability to coach and motivate.
- Support all decisions made by the Head Coach.
- The successful candidate for this position will be required to complete a criminal background and DMV checks satisfactory to Brown University prior to commencing employment.
Background Check – Criminal and Motor Vehicle
Recruiting Start Date: 2019-04-26-07:00
Job Posting Title: Assistant Coach, Women’s Water Polo; Operations Assistant, Men’s Water Polo
Department: Athletics & Physical Education
Grade: Grade 10
Worker Type: Employee
Worker Sub-Type: Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
Time Type: Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 37.5
Submission Guidelines: Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions? If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
EEO Statement: Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
To Apply for the Position: CLICK HERE