NORTHRIDGE, Calif. — California State University Northridge seeks a women’s assistant water polo coach.
Under general supervision of the Head Coach, the Assistant Coach, Women’s Water Polo assists in developing a Division I competitive program. The incumbent evaluates and recruits qualified student-athletes, whose athletic skills allow the program to be highly competitive and whose academic abilities make them excellent candidates for a meaningful academic experience and graduate from CSUN.
- Supports the Head Coach by providing leadership and integrity to the program set forth by the Head Coach including creating, planning, organizing, motivating, communicating and controlling aspects relative to recruiting, practices, competitions, student-athletes, assistant coaches, and related booster clubs.
- Conducts themselves in a manner representative of the University, the Department, and the sport both on and off the field of competition.
- Complies with NCAA regulatory policy governing their sport, as well as NCAA and conference policies governing recruiting, eligibility, ethical standards, playing seasons, and extra benefits.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
*NOTE: To view the full position description including all of the required qualifications copy and paste this link into your browser: https://rb.gy/1z0vy
- Minimum of one (1) year of: demonstrated coaching and recruiting experience; and/or professional league playing experience; and/or experience which would provide adequate training to coach at the Division I collegiate level.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited institution.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- General knowledge of sport, including sport specialty or athletic function.
- Demonstrated ability to: recruit and retain outstanding student-athletes; to teach, mentor and work with a diverse student population.
- Knowledgeable about: NCAA regulatory policy governing their sport; NCAA and conference policies governing recruiting, eligibility, ethical standards, playing seasons, and extra benefits.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
- The university offers an excellent benefits package, including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, retirement & savings, tuition waiver and more.
- Classification/grade: 2382 / Coaching Assistant / 0
- The anticipated HIRING RANGE is $3,617 (PTE) per month, dependent upon qualifications and experience. The salary range for this classification is: $3,617 – $4,862 (PTE) per month.
- HOURS: Part Time; 28 hours per week; Monday through Friday.
- TEMP: This is a Temporary-renewable position, end date to be determined.
- The individual hired for this role will physically work on-campus in Northridge. This is not a telecommute position.
- Applications received through June 21, 2023, will be considered in the initial review and review of applications will continue until position is filled.
- This position is a sensitive position as designated by the CSU. The selected candidate must pass a fingerprint clearance (LiveScan).
- A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
- The person holding this position may be considered a ‘mandated reporter’ under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
- In accordance with the California State University (CSU) Out-of-State Employment Policy, the CSU is a state entity whose business operations reside within the State of California and prohibits hiring employees to perform CSU-related work outside of California.
- Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN on-line application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers
- The CSU recommends that faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities at any university location be immunized against SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, and that all individuals who access any in-person program or activity (on- or off-campus) operated or controlled by the University follow COVID-19 vaccine recommendations adopted by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) applicable to their age, medical condition, and other relevant indications and comply with other safety measures established by each campus.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Our nondiscrimination policy is set forth in CSU Executive Order 1096. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services at 818-677-2101.