PITTSBURGH, Pa. — Carnegie Mellon University’s Student Athletics Department is searching for a University Club Sports Women’s Water Polo Coach.
Core responsibilities will include:
- Possess knowledge of effective training methods and use this knowledge to create a training program that is consistent with competing at the highest levels of collegiate Water Polo.
- Make this plan and its motivations and explanations available to the team.
- Implement this plan, including but not limited to: attending practices, giving feedback both during and outside of practice, and providing guidance to those who wish to do additional training outside of practice.
- Be present during practice, unless a prior arrangement is made for the assistant coach, president, vice president, or captain to lead a practice.
- When in the competitive season, hold practices at least thrice per week during the fall and spring season.
- Begin and end all practices on time.
- Be alert and active during practices, which includes: providing clear instructions, giving technical feedback, changing the practice drills as necessary, etc.
- Choose game schedule in conjunction with the Club president.
- Attend all league and invitational games and scrimmages, unless an alternative arrangement is made in advance.
- Supervise games by running the bench, refereeing, providing feedback, and/or other in-game responsibilities as decided upon in conjunction with the Club president
- Maintain direct communication with Club president and captains about practices, timing, training programs, logistics, etc.
- Focus on the technical sport (the majority of the administrative duties should fall on the Club President and Board).
- Maintain professional conduct at all times.
- Remain aware of the evolving team dynamic as well as provide clear direction to the entire team
This is an Independent Contractor position with the Carnegie Mellon University Athletics Department. This is not an employee position. The Independent Contractor will work closely with student organizations, while the contracting relationship is managed by the Athletics Department. The successful applicant must be willing to complete all necessary Independent Contractor requirements. Background check is required prior to employment.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2 – 3 years experience preferred
Carnegie Mellon University is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.
Minimum Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
To apply for the position, CLICK HERE.