BROOKLYN, N.Y. — The Long Island University Athletics Department, a National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Division I member, is accepting applications for a head men’s water polo coach. The position is responsible for administering all aspects of the men’s water polo program with a commitment to University, Conference and NCAA policies, procedures and regulations.
The head coach will identify and successfully recruit academically and athletically talented student-athletes; provide teaching, mentoring and coaching; develop well-rounded student-athletes ensuring academic progress and graduation; direct practice sessions, evaluations of opponents and competitive coaching situations; and maintain a competitive and successful Men’s Water Polo program. Must establish and maintain an environment conducive to the welfare, development and academic success of the student-athletes. Must effectively manage the program’s budget and staff; coordinate support services and appropriate public relations and promotional activities necessary for program success; other administrative duties. Must establish and maintain effective interactions with the university community and administrators, alumni, donors, media and the public.
Requires an excellent work ethic along with exceptional motivational, coaching/teaching, leadership, communication and recruiting skills. Candidates are expected to be committed to multiculturalism and working with a diverse student body. Requires the ability to travel extensively including overnight stays for recruiting and competitions.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three to five years of successful collegiate water polo coaching
- Proven experience working with, and improving the performance of elite water polo student-athletes
- Demonstrated successful leadership experience
- Track record of strong commitment to a positive student-athlete experience and ensuring student-athlete welfare is paramount
- Valid Driver’s License
- High-level written, interpersonal, and oral communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with faculty, staff and students from a variety of diverse backgrounds and a demonstrated dedication to the full academic and social development of student-athletes
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and interpretations
- Experience as men’s water polo coach at the Division I collegiate level, and experience recruiting division I student-athletes
- Ability to motivate and lead student-athletes toward competitive and academic success
Candidates should also possess an enthusiasm for working with individual athletes, a strong golf background, excellent oral and written communication skills, a solid work-ethic, and a commitment to NCAA rules. Strong computer skills are a plus.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
LIU is an equal opportunity employer. LIU is committed to extending equal opportunity in employment to all qualified candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community. LIU encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, veteran or military status, age, disability or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. Hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States.
To apply, CLICK HERE.