CAMBRIDGE, Mass. — The Massachusetts Institute of Technology seeks an individual to assume a men’s water polo head coaching appointment that also includes teaching in the required Physical Education and Wellness Program. Will manage all facets of the intercollegiate men’s water polo program, including administration; budget management; alumni stewardship; recruiting; scheduling competitions, team travel, and weekly practice sessions; counseling students; and assuring compliance with National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and conference rules and regulations. Teaching responsibilities include instruction in the required Physical Education and Wellness course program. Additional responsibilities may include department-wide duties as assigned.
- Department: DAPER Intercollegiate Sports
- School Area: Dean for Student Life
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Employment Category: Exempt
- Visa Sponsorship Available: No
Working at MIT offers opportunities, an environment, a culture – and benefits – that just aren’t found together anywhere else. If you’re curious, motivated, want to be part of a unique community, and help shape the future – then take a look at this opportunity.
A full description is available at https://studentlife.mit.edu/content/dsl-open-positions.
- REQUIRED: At least three years’ coaching experience, preferably at the college/university level; a bachelor’s degree (master’s preferred), preferably in a field related to physical education; proven instructional experience; and strong administrative, interpersonal, communication, computer skills. Sport-specific certification is recommended. Proven experience recruiting to a highly selective institution is desirable. Job #17693
- Appropriate certifications in first aid, CPR, AED, and biohazards are required or to be completed within thirty days of hire.
Applications will be accepted until July 26, 2019. Application material should include a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information for three references.
Employment is conditional upon successful completion of a background check.
To apply, CLICK HERE.